GLUTEN FREE QUICHE RECIPE| *NEW RECIPE*

Add caption

This is my new gluten free quiche recipe. I've finally found a savoury crust that I can use with my other dishes. I made a quiche for the first time last year and what a difference a year makes! This crust looks, feels and tastes better. I've learned a few tips and tricks along the way and as always I'm happy to share. I know how hard it can be to tackle gluten free baking and also make something you can share!


CRUST

2 Cups Gluten Free Flour
3/4 Cup cold Unsalted Butter (cubbed)
1/2 Teaspoon All Spice
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1/4 Cup Cold Buttermilk
1 Egg

FILLING

1/2 Cup Milk
2 Eggs
2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1/2 Onion
1 Tablespoon Cilantro
2 Scallions
1/4 Cup Ham (cubed)
3 Brussel Sprouts (chopped)
1/4 Cup Mozzarella
1/2 Cup Marble Cheddar Cheese
2 Tablespoons Parmesan


DIRECTIONS

1. Combine flour, salt, all spice and garlic powder in a bowl. Add cold butter and mix together. You can put them in a food process and mix until dough is crumbly. You also do it by hand using a pastry cutter to blend the ingredients. I decided to do it by hand.

Once you get a crumbly consistency create a hole in the middle of the dough. Mix cold milk and cold egg together. Pour mixture into the center of the dough and mix. Wrap them in cling wrap and refrigerate. I kept them in the fridge for an hour. You can refrigerate them for up to four hours until you have to roll the dough.

2. Remove the pie dough from the fridge and roll it out. As you roll the dough you may need to dust some flour to keep the dough firmer. Place the rolled out dough crusts into a grease a pie pan or ramekins. This recipe is just enough for 3 ramekins.
Poke holes in the dough with a fork. I para baked the empty pie shell for 10 minutes. You can leave it for up to 12 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. I kept the oven at 375 degrees.

Before putting the empty pie shell in the oven I places a parchment paper over the pie crust. I filled it with chick peas as a weight. You can use bean or any pie weights you have. Lightly coat the crust edges with an egg wash that's mixed with a teaspoon of olive oil.

Remove pie crust from the oven. Let it cool for a few minutes. Then remove the pie weights from your pie crust.

3. Sautee the onions until they are translucent, add the brussel sprouts and then add the ham. Sautee them for about 5 minutes and set aside.

Mix the eggs, milk, cream, salt, pepper, onions, parmesan cheese and some of the grated cheese together. Set the rest of the cheese aside. Once ingredients are mixed together pour combined ingredients into pre-baked crust. Use an egg wash on crust to keep the crust moist. I mixed a Teaspoon of olive oil into the egg wash. Sprinkle left over cheese on top and bake in oven at 375 F for 35 to 40 minutes.




Comments

Popular Posts