GLUTEN FREE PIZZA RECIPE: CHICKEN, OLIVES & SWEET BASIL

This is the first time I made gluten free pizza and I must say I'm very impressed with the way this pizza turned out. It was think crust too. I'm always cautious about gluten free baking if it's not a cake or pastry. Over the years I've had a lot of disasters and wasted flour. Gluten free flour is a bit pricey! But the mistakes I made helped me become a better and more as adventurous gluten free flower baker. By now I can sort of guess what Flour mix will work with what I plan to bake. If you've never made gluten free pizza this recipe is an easy one to start with.

RECIPE

2 Cups 1:1 Gluten Free Flour (xanthan gum included)
2 1/2 Teaspoon Dry Active Yeast
1/2 Cup Warm Water
1 Egg
1/4 Cup Buttermilk 
1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt 
1/4  Cup Brown Sugar
3 Tablespoon Olive Oil 

DIRECTIONS

This recipe can make two 10 inch thin crust pizzas.

1. Mix flours, yeast, sugar and salt together.

2. Pour water into mixture. Add egg and mix. Then add buttermilk. Mix everything together and shape into a dough ball. Cover the dough and set aside for an hour.

3. Roll the dough as thin as you like. I've made both a thin crust and a fuller crust version of pizza using the same dough mixture.

4. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Garnish your pizza with the toppings you prefer.

5. Place pizza in heated oven for 15 - 17 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts