GLUTEN FREE COOKIES AND CREAM CUPCAKE RECIPE

I haven't made any cupcakes in a while. So I decided to try something new. I decided to venture outside my comfort zone. My comfort zone looks like chocolate, vanilla and red velvet cupcakes. Those are my go to fail proof favourites. Also, because I've been developing and perfecting them over the years. I know there many cookies and cream recipes but I wanted to add my flavour to the mix. For this recipe I uses Kinnikinnick KinniTOOs. I've only ever used Kinnikinnick's grahams cracker crumbs for my cheese cake recipe and it was amazing!
I was impressed with how well the crust came out. So, naturally I was open to trying another one of their products in another recipe. The cookies taste the closest to Oreos from a gluten free brand. I've tried a few Oreo like gluten free and none have come close, not even Glutino and I love me some Glutino!
I'm happy that these cupcakes turned out very well. So I am happy to share this recipe. As always all the ingredients are simple and easily found at any grocery store. I say this all the time. But when I started baking gluten free a lot of the ingredients I found on blogs were so extra! By extra I mean a lot of ingredients that were found mostly in specialty stores or health food stores. I was convinced that I only had to use specific obscure products to bake gluten free.
I'm happy to report that isn't necessarily true. Yes gluten free baking is an arduous process when you start. But once you understand it a lot more it gets easier and better. You figure out what works and what doesn't. Eventually you learn to keep it simple! Keep calm and bake on.


RECIPE 

1 1/2 Cups GF Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Salt 
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder 
1/2 Cup Butter
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1/3 Cup Buttermilk 
1/2 Cup crushed cookies (I used 6 cookies)


TOPPING

Vanilla Butter Cream Icing
3 Cookies (crushed)


DIRECTIONS 

1. In a bowl mix the dry ingredients first. Combine flour, salt and baking powder together. Set aside.

2  Mix wet ingredients. Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla. Add eggs and mix. Slowly add the butter milk don't over mix here.

3. Add the flour to the wet ingredients and mix well. Finally add crushed cookies to batter and fold in gently. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spoon the mixed batter into cupcake cup and bake for 22 - 25 minutes.

4. Combine crushed cookies and butter cream. Place into piping bag and pipe onto cupcakes. I did this last because I didn't want the cookies to darken the icing too much.


Comments

Popular Posts