EASY GLUTEN FREE CARROT CUPCAKE RECIPE

This was my first attempt at making carrot cupcakes. They turned out well. But as usual I'm already fixated on how to make it even better. I have a few ideas that I want to try. But in the mean time this is the recipe that has worked. I didn't add raisins but I added walnuts. I personally believe that cupcakes shouldn't be "too busy". But who knows I might revamp the recipe and it have a lot more going on. My ultimate goal is always to create gluten free goodies that are easy and made with ingredients that are easily sourced.

RECIPE 

DRY INGREDIENTS 

1 1/2 Cup GF Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
1/2 Tsp Ground Cinamon
1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
1/4 Tsp Allspice 
1/4 Tsp Ground Ginger
1/2 Cup Walnuts (optional)
1/2 Cup Raisins (optional)

 WET INGREDIENTS 
3 Eggs
1 1/2 Cup Grated Carrots 
1/2 Cup Butter
2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil

Mix sugar butter and Oil in stand up mixer. Add eggs and then carrots. You can also add walnuts and raisins. But you can leave them out if you prefer. Gradually add dry ingredients but be sure not to over mix.

Spoon into cupcake cups and bake in pre-heated oven at 350 F. Bake for 20 - 35 minutes. Ice with cream cheese Icing when they're cool.

Cream Cheese Icing Recipe

3 2/3 Cup Icing Sugar
250 g of Cream Cheese 
1/2 Cup Butter
3 Tsp Vanilla 

Mix Cream Cheese and butter at medium setting. Gradually add sugar and then vanilla. Mix well and set aside.

Hope you enjoy this recipe. Please share with anyone who is gluten free and loves carrot cupcakes.

Comments

Popular Posts