GLUTEN FREE SHORTBREAD CHRISTMAS COOKIES RECIPE (SLIGHTLY MODIFIED)


I know I've already posted my gluten free Shortbread recipe but I've made these with one ingredient modification. As I always mention gluten free baking isn't always accommodating to change.  Basically if you have a recipe that works don't try to get too fancy or you just ruin things. Trust me. I've had my share of gluten free baking fails.
But this time this I added a tiny bit of milk to my cookie dough just so I could pipe it a lot easier through the icing bag. I used my Wilton 6B Icing tip to get the cookie design. The milk definitely helped the batter flow through a lot more easily.
These cookies turned out amazingly. The taste and texture is great even with a small ingredient change. I'm so happy and relieved. I'm sure you can use almond, coconut, rice milk or water. I haven't tried either of these alternatives but since it's only a table spoon or two (depending on how much cookie dough you have used) that will need to be added. It is the same recipe I've always used but with milk added. The amount of milk I added was based on the amount of batter I had.
  
GLUTEN FREE SHORT BREAD RECIPE WITH MILK

1 3/4All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
1/2 Cup Cornstarch
1/2 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Butter
2 Tablespoons of Milk
2 Teaspoon Vanilla

DIRECTIONS

Mix Sugar Butter and Vanilla first. Then add flour and cornstarch. Add 2 Tablespoons of milk to the cookie dough and mix thoroughly. Add cookie dough to piping bag with star tip. Place parchment paper over cookie sheet.   Pipe cookie dough in a circle motion onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 17-22 minutes.






Comments

Popular Posts