GLUTEN FREE WREATH CUPCAKES

I'm constantly modifying my recipes because when it come to gluten free baking I always feel like I can make something better even if it works. I tried this recipe using coconut oil instead of vegetable oil and it was okay. It tasted good but it had the aroma of coconut. It's not a bad thing if you like coconut.  
But I was going for a much more vanilla vibe. 
So I tried it again (sans coconut oil)and achieved the results I was looking for and I was a happy camper. Gluten free baking is always an adventure because the slightest change to an ingredient can take you to another place other than where you'd  first intended to go. Thankfully most of my ingredients (flour too) are from Bulk Barn or the grocery store. So they  were easy to find.
I like to work on and  share recipes that even a novice gluten free baker can easily tackle. When I first started baking gluten free it was frustrating. I found that a lot of bloggers used obscure products that were unnecessarily hard to find and sometimes expensive. You don't have to go on a hunt, go broke or frustrate yourself while baking gluten free. So that's why I keep my recipes as simple as possible.

MY SIMPLE GLUTEN FREE VANILLA CUPCAKE RECIPE 

1 1/4 Cup 1 to 1 GF Flour (add xanthan gum if it isn't already in the mixture)
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Butter
2/3 Cups Sugar
3 Eggs
1/4 Cup Milk
2 Tsp Vanilla
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 22 - 25 mins. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts