MY SKINCARE ROUTINE FOR YOUNGER LOOKING GLOWING SKIN

The Beauty Foundry Brightening Vitamin C Body Oil
My skincare routine is pretty simple. I'll be honest I've never really been worried about my skin until recently. I noticed that the pores on my face were larger than I cared for. I was also starting to see lines across my forehead. I've worked briefly as a cosmetician so I was kind of hip to the specific products to address my skin issues. I also have combination skin a blessing and a curse. The pros is that sebum (the natural oil) on your skin helps maintain youthful skin. But the most annoying part is the shiny appearence as the day progresses. But a good oil absorbing powder or foundation can help minimize shine.
Provence Beauty Hyaluronic Acid Hydrate Serum
However, as much as I enjoy makeup I don't want to wear foundation or powder everyday, especially on summer days when it's very hot and humid. So I'm actively taking care of my skin to maintain more youthful, glowing skin and minimize those pores! I found two products over the summer that have helped improve the appearance of my skin. I found both these products at Winners in Toronto and I'm wondering why I never found the sooner.


One of the products I found was the Brightening Vitamin C Body Oil with Retinol by The Beauty Foundry. The main ingredients are Vitamin C to brighten up under eyes and hyperpigmentation and the other main ingredient is Retinol. Retinol helps to reduce the appearance of lines on skin. I've started to see these appear of my forehead so I wanted to nip them in the bud before they got too prominent.
Also, it's an oil but it's very moisturizing and absorbs very well into the skin. It doesn't feel greasy at all. I started using the products May 30 and Its August 1 as I write this post. So I've been using these products for roughly two months. Three months is a good duration to gauge the effectiveness of a product. Always do a patch test before using any new products on your face. Give it twenty-four to forty eight hour wait time before you use them.

Ingredients : Aqua (Water), Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Lavandula angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-16 Macadamia Glycerides, Octyldodecanol, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E) Acetate, Retinyl (Vitamin A) Palmitate, Ascorbic (Vitamin C) Acid, Citric Acid, Silica,PEG-45M, Sodium Propoxyhydroxypropyl Thiosulfate Silica, Caffeine, DL Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5),Hydrolyzed Keratin, Bambusa Arundinacea (Bamboo) Leaf Extract, Triethanolamine, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propelyne Glycol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, PEG-400, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree Oil), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Oil, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Extract, Fragrance, Linalool

The other products was a hydrating serum with hyaluronic acid. A serum is deep penetrating so it goes beyond the superficial layer of skin. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occuring substance that is most abundant in our skin. It plumps up our skin by water retention so our skin remains supple and well hydrated. I did notice a bit of a sting when I first used it but not enough to irritate my skin. But it is an acid so I expected that reaction.

Ingredients: Deionized Water (Aqua), Citrus Amara (Bitter Orange) Blossom Distilled Water, Glycerin, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Gel Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycoclic Acid, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Dl-panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Fucus Vesiculosus (Brown Algae) Plant Extract, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Polysorbate 60, Citrus Sinensis (Orange) Peel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate, Limonene.

So far I'm happy with both these products and how they've helped improve the lines on my for head as well as the dark eye circles and enlarged pores. I will continue to use them until my skin needs change. They're also both reasonably priced. I got them both for $9.99 each at Winners in Toronto. But these brands are available online including Amazon.

Comments

Popular Posts