NEW GLUTEN FREE VANILLA RECIPE

 

I created a new gluten free vanilla cupcake recipe. It came out very well. I used a new blend of my gluten free flower. I opted out of a gluten free flour mix that had any rice flour. Rice flour is great and neutral. But it tends to have a bit of a crunchy texture. It's not bad but it's a very conspicous tell that a recipe has used rice flour.

This new recipe tastes very much like it's from a box which was surprisingly cool and unexpected. It's also hreat because it was the first thing I baked since our oven had been fixed. I missed baking so much. So the oven being fixed and an experimental recipes going right was the icing on the cake! Pun intended.
I've been creating gluten free recipes long enough to gauge what will definitely work and what might not. Seven years of experiments and fails have made it happen. I'm happy to share this easy recipe. All ingredients are easily accessible from any grocery store or bulk food store.
RECIPE 

1/2 Cup of Corn flour
1/2 Potato Starch flour
1/4 Cup of Tapioca Starch flour
2/3 Cups Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
3/4 Teaspon Baking Powder
3 Eggs (room temperature)
1/2 Cup Softened Butter 
2 Tablespoons of Vegetable (Oil or any neutral oil)
1/3 Cup Milk or Almond Milk
DIRECTIONS

1. Combine flours and sift into a bowl. Add salt and baking powder to flour mixture and set aside.

2. Cream sugar, oil and butter. Add vanilla and mix eggs in one at a time.

3. Combine wet and dry ingredients. You can use an electric mixer or mix by hand. I used my hand to gently fold mixture together. Gluten free baking tends to be much more dense. So the goal is not to over mix 1-2 minutes at most.

4. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Celcius. I used a metal ice cream scoop from Dollarama to scoop the batter into the cupcake cups. One scoop was enough for 12 cupcakes.

5. Bake for 18 - 22 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts