GLUTEN FREE RED VELVET CANADA DAY CUPCAKES

 Red Velvet cupcakes aren't the official Canada Day cupcakes but they should be. Seriously the colours work so well with the colours on the Canadian flag.  I think we should petition to make them the official Canada day cupcake. Since becoming gluten free I've been on a journey to create the perfect gluten free red velvet cupcakes. 
I've always wanted to create something that easy and accessible. I don't use obscure ingredients that are hard to find. Everything I use you can be found in your local grocery store. When I started creating gluten free recipes I used to get frustrated at the ingredient lists I used to come across. They were all so necessarily complicated.
So, I went to work and created a recipe that I'm happy to share with family and friends.  But most importantly the recipe is easy to follow. I'm sure that even people who aren't into baking can hack it. So enjoy this recipe with your loved ones and favourite people. Have a safe and happy Canada Day!


INGREDIENTS 

Dry Ingredients:

1 1/2 Cup of Gluten Free flour
1 Tablespoon Cocao Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
3/4 Teaspoon Salt

Wet Ingredients:

3 Eggs
1 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tablespoon Red Gel Icing
1/4  Cup Buttermilk


DIRECTIONS:

Mix the dry ingredients and set aside. Mix the sugar, oil, eggs vanilla together first. Then add the buttermilk. Gradually mix the dry ingredients with the wet. Add the tablespoon of red gel icing to the mix. using the liquid food colouring will change the consistency and you won't get the same colour pay off.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts